These 30 blog articles are full of activities your child can do to replace their normal screen time.
The rise in childhood obesity is one of the major reasons that doctors want to reduce the amount of television time that kids engage in. Instead of watching television, try to get your kids involved in some sort of exercise. Exercising doesn’t have to mean going for a run or participating in a sport; you can get your kids active by encouraging activities like jumping on a trampoline or playing tag in the front yard. Involve the entire family in some sort of physical activity and you can all get fit together. These five blog entries will help get your started.
- Get Your Kids Excited about Exercise!
- Family Fitness—How to Get Your Family Fit!
- Fairlane Town Center Hosts Kids ‘N Kicks Summer Walking Programs
- The Fun Way to Fitness: Get a Trampoline
- How to Get Kids Running
Summertime means that kids have a lot of extra free time on their hands, and if they don’t have planned activities they can end up spending hours in front of the TV. Instead of letting them sit in front of the screen all day, encourage them to get outdoors and play. Take a look at these five blog posts to get ideas for what your kids can do outside.
- Creative Way to Combat Summertime Boredom
- Outdoor Games for Kids
- 50 Outdoor Summer Activities for Kids!
- 10 Classic Outdoor Games for Kids
- Outdoor Games for Kids
Craft projects are a great way to get your kids doing something other than watching TV or playing on the computer, and many crafts can be done outdoors. Check out these five blog articles for some creative inspiration.
- Unplug the Kids—Fun Craft Ideas that will Keep Them Away from Electronics
- Kids Art: 20 Ways to Get Arty Outdoors
- 20+ Summer Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Keep Boredom Away: 10 Cute Summer Crafts for Kids
- Fun Summer Ice Cube Crafts for Kids
Hobbies are a great way to occupy time, whether it’s getting out into nature and bird watching or taking on a new sport. Brainstorm different ideas for hobbies with your kids and find some that fit their interests. For ideas and tips for finding the perfect hobby, read these five blog entries.
- 7 Ways to Wean Your Child Off Video Games
- How to Wean Kids from TV and Video Games and Back to L.I.F.E.
- A Wealth of Kid Hobby Ideas
- Hobbies for Sharing
- Why Bird Watching is Good for Your Kids
Are your kids picky eaters? Do they get bored easily? You can solve both of these problems by getting your kids into the kitchen. There are many kid cookbooks that feature recipes that are easily understood by kids, and spending time in the kitchen can be a fun activity for you to enjoy together. For tips on how to get started cooking with your kids, look at these five blog posts.
- How to Make Cooking with Kids Easier
- Cooking with Kids—Tips, Tricks and Recipe Ideas
- Cooking with Kids
- Home Boosters for Busy Moms—Cooking Creatively with Kids
- Cooking with Kids: Easy-Peasy Popsicles
While the dog days of summer are known for being full of sunshine and hot weather, some days will inevitably be filled with storm clouds and rain. On those days it’s a good idea to have some indoor activities tucked away for the kids to do. Unfortunately there are days that are rainy or just too hot to send the kids outside to play. These five blog posts are full of fun indoor activities; your kids won’t even miss the TV!