Set a Good Example
Everyone is susceptible to road rage on occasion, and you’ve likely pushed the speed limit once or twice in your life. Think about your driving habits before you start teaching your teen to drive and fix any bad habits now, because your child is watching and learning driving habits years before he gets his learner’s permit. It’s never too early to start talking about defensive driving tips with your teen, and these five blog entries are full of tips to help you exhibit and teach good driving skills for your child.
- ICBC’s Tips for Teaching Your Teen to Drive Your kids are constantly watching you, so it’s important to remain a focused driver, not a distracted one.
- Five Tips for Teaching Your Teen to Drive Good driving is always important, but this is especially true whenever your teen is in the car.
- How to Teach Your Teen Good Driving Safety Your teen will pick up on your habits, so watch the speed limit and quench any road rage you may have.
- How to Teach Your Teenager to Drive Safely To teach your teen to drive safely, you should model the type of driver you want him to be.
- How to Encourage Safe Driving Practices in Your Teen Your teens are absorbing all of your driving habits, so start early by modeling responsible driving.
Try to think back to when you took the driver’s test to get your own learner’s permit. Do you remember the questions on the test? If it’s been 20 years or so since you took the test, you probably need a refresher. After all, a lot of things can change in 20 years! Check out these five blog posts to learn why knowing the rules is necessary before starting driving lessons with your child.
- Tips for Teaching Your Teen to Drive It’s probably been a while since you studied all of the rules of the road, so brush up on your road rules before you begin driver’s ed with your teen.
- Tips on Teaching Your Teen to Drive This blogger recommends taking a rules refresher so that you know all of the rules before trying to teach them to your teen.
- Tips & Strategies for Teaching Your Teen to Drive Look online for a book that covers the rules of the road and brush up on the laws before you start teaching your teen driver.
- Teaching Your Teenager How to Drive As the teacher you need to read up on what the requirements are for your teenager to get her license.
- Family Solutions: Tips for Teaching Your Teen to Drive You can help your child study for the driver’s test by quizzing her on the rules of the road.
Before you get into the car with your teen it’s a good idea to plan out what you’re going to teach him. Start slowly by making sure that he knows how to adjust and work everything in the car. Driving down the road in a sudden rain shower is no place to realize that he doesn’t know how to turn on the windshield wipers. These five blog postings will give you more tips on how you can break up your lessons.
- Tips for Teaching Your Teen to Drive Teaching on the fly will probably get the job done, but your lesson time might be better spent if you’ve planned out what you’re covering that day.
- Teaching Your Teen How to Drive Keep your lessons short and teach only one or two skills per lesson so that your teen can learn them without being overwhelmed.
- How to Help Your Teen Learn to Drive To ensure your teen understands and remembers each step make sure that you break up each lesson into smaller lessons.
- News: Top Tips for Teaching Teens to Drive You’ll find a list of skills on this post that you can break up into separate lessons to teach your teen.
- 5 Tips for Maintaining Your Sanity While Teaching Your Teen to Drive To avoid your teen becoming overwhelmed and nervous, don’t try to teach your teen everything at once.