Take a look at these 21 blog posts for plenty of helpful information on starting a book club for adults, kids or online.
Before you start a book club, you need to consider how many people you want to include and if it’s an open club or one that’s by invite only. You’ll also want to decide if you’re going to focus on one particular genre or if you’re going to read books from all walks of life. These seven blog entries will help you work through the details and figure out where to begin.
- Why I Love Book Clubs & Tips on How to Start One You can find a list of things you should consider when creating a book club on this blog post.
- Quick Guide: Start Your Summer Book Club Find a list of things to consider from Oprah when starting a book club, such as whether you pick new or old titles.
- Young Professional Problems: (Not Your Mom’s) Book Club Read this clever and funny post about a book club for young professionals.
- Book Clubs Made Easy! A simple solution to starting a book club is offered in this blog article.
- Starting a Foodie Book Club The main point to consider in this article is to make sure that you have like-minded readers when forming your book club.
- How to Start a Book Club You’ll find a thorough list of things to consider when starting a book club and some sound advice on this post.
- Want to Start a Book Club? Get Organized by Answering these 7 Questions Find questions and a sample set of answers to help you get started on your own book club.
Starting a book club for kids can help kids improve their reading comprehension, as well as expose them to the idea that people can have different viewpoints on the same thing. While the focus of a book club for children should be about having fun, kids will still learn a lot from taking part in a book club. These seven blog articles will help you get started.
- Starting a Book Club for Grades K-4 This post suggests including a craft with your book club meeting, among other suggestions.
- Anatomy of a Book Club This blog post describes how to start a book club with a group of teen girls.
- Start a Summer Book Club for Kids—Fun Stuff to Do Anywhere Read various suggestions on how to start a successful kids book club in this post.
- Starting a Kids’ Book Club There are a lot of helpful suggestions in this blog post for starting a book club for kids.
- 5 Ways to Avoid the “Summer Slide” and Keep Kids Reading Fun ideas, like creating a chart and posting it on the wall, are detailed in this blog post.
- How to Host a Children’s Book Club You can read many quality tips about what to do to start a kids’ book club and what the kids can learn by being in one.
- How to Start Your Own Little Book Club The questions posed on this blog article will help you work through some of the details about forming a book club.
Sometimes life is too hectic for regular book club gatherings, and the only way you can engage in a book club is if it’s online. With the integration of social media and the internet, starting a virtual book club is easier than ever. Read through these seven blog posts to learn how others have done it and what they considered before getting started.
- Book Lovers Unite Online Book Club Read how this online book club is going to work and how you could start one just like it.
- Olson Field Book Club Read about this long distance book club to see if it’s something you may want to start with your long distance friends.
- Virtual Book Club for Kids—Extraordinary Egg Check out the book and activities that this virtual book club is doing for their group.
- Get Back into Reading with the Blogger Book Club If you are a blogger or would like to start a blog, you can also join this book club and learn how the club will be handled.
- How to Start a Book Club Inside a Book Learn about a site where you can start a virtual book club or join others.
- Virtual Book Club This blogger decided to start a book club about books that interest her, and you could do the same thing.
- 10 Tips for Starting a Virtual Social Change Book Club Follow these step-by-step directions to start your own virtual book club.