Holiday Shopping Tips:
- Map your trip before you leave home. Take note of the contents of your wallet/purse and only carry the credit cards that are necessary for your purchases that day. (Write down your credit card numbers and leave this information in a safe place at home. Having your credit card information will make reporting easier.)
- If you are shopping with young children (your younger sibling or someone else), invite a friend to join you, go with a family member or hire a babysitter. An extra set of hands and eyes can be extremely helpful, especially in crowded stores.
- Wear shoes and clothes that allow you to move quickly and easily.
- Carry a small amount of cash ($10) and, if money is demanded, throw it at the criminal and run.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Remember where you came in and where you parked. Write down the parking number, since after hours of shopping it is easy to forget where you parked.
- Always park near overhead lights. Be cautious of people around you.