Kids are our future, why not give them that spark that will set them on a journey that only “hacking” can inspire?
HacKid was created to educate, stimulate and develop children and adults in a variety of educational areas in order to raise awareness and understanding of technology, mathematics and engineering and the impact on society and culture.
HacKid is a 501.3c Non-Profit organization.
The idea really revolves around providing an interactive, hands-on experience for kids and their parents which includes things like:
- •Online safety (kids and parents!)
- •Make a podcast/vodcast
- •How to deal with CyberBullies
- •Physical Security
- •Gaming competitions
- •Interactive robot building
- •How the Internet works
- •Food Hacking
- •Basic to advanced network/application security
- •Website design/introduction to blogging
- •Manipulating hardware and software for fun
- •Meeting & interacting with law enforcement
- •Building a netbook
- •Low-impact martial arts/self-defense training
The format of our conference is really interesting -- we mix advisory board recommendations with a crowd-sourced concept based on submissions via our Wiki...
If you have additional ideas for cool things to do, let us know via @HacKidCon (Twitter) firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, PLEASE go to the Wiki and contribute there!